Friday, June 8, 2012

You Are What You Eat

We have all heard that saying right? You are what you eat. Well I definitely feel like a jello mold right now. The steroids have me so swollen I hurt. I'm not talking just a little puffy, I actually have what they call Dropsy. My legs, knees, feet ankles, now cankles are so huge they hurt to move. I can barley walk up and down stairs and have to pull myself up and down with my hands and arms. I cried today because I fell down trying to get into my flower beds to put a gate up for my clematis vine. I didn't hurt myself, I just cried because it upset me so much that I'm so weak. If I get really brave maybe I'll post a photo for you all, of what I normally look like and what I look like right now all swollen with steroids. I'm not sure I'll get that brave though as I'm feeling pretty ugly.

Speaking of ugly this salad did not turn out as pretty as I thought it would. I was picturing a sunset with the split red and orange jello it called for. I'm not sure if the fruit in it toned down the colors or if it just bled together to much in the jello mold. I did put it together a bit fast.



Juice 'n Fruit Salad

2 cups boiling water, divided
1 package (4-serving size) jello any red flavor
1 cup cold orange juice, divided
1 can (8o ounces) sliced peaches. drained, chopped
1 package (4-serving size) jello orange flavor
1 can (8ounces) crushed pineapple, drained

Stir 1 cup of the boiling water into the red gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in ½ cup of the cold juice. Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Stir in peaches. Spoon into 5-cup mold which has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Refrigerate about 20 minutes or until set but not firm (should stick to finger when touched and should mound).

Meanwhile, stir remaining 1 cup boiling water into the orange gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in remaining ½ cup cold juice. Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple. Spoon over red gelatin in ,old.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm, Unmold. Garnish as desired.

Makes 10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment