Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Totally Trippin' Over Jello

Chloe and I went a little trippy with the Jello today.


Chloe says it smells amazing and swearers she can taste each individual flavor of Jello, but all I taste is a mouth coated with flagil fungus, which means everything tastes like cardboard. It's a bit scary to cook this way. Yesterday I made chicken burritos. I have to be extra careful not to over season. To me the burrito meet was tasting the exact same as my favorite lasagna sauce I made the day before, which also tastes exactly like this Jello. Overgrown taste buds, not a good thing.

Lucky for me my husband is not a subtle man. He never gushes over my cooking, ever. I'm lucky if I get an "oh, it's OK" out of him. However when he eats enough for three people, then right away goes back and makes sure he has some packed for his lunch the next day then you know you must have gotten it right..


Rainbow Ribbon Mold

Prep Time: 1 hour Refrigeration Time: 4½ hours

6¼ cups boiling water
5 packages (4-serving size) jello, any 5 different flavors
1 cup sour cream OR vanilla yogurt

Stir 1¼ cups boiling water into 1 flavor of gelatin in a small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour ¾ cup of the dissolved gelatin into a 6 cup ring mold. Refrigerate about 15 minutes until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound). Refrigerate remaining gelatin in bowl about 5 minutes until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Gradually stir in 3 tablespoons of the sour cream. Spoon over gelatin in pan. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound).

Meanwhile, repeat process with each remaining gelatin flavor. (be sure to cool dissolved gelatin to room temperature before pouring into mold.) Refrigerate gelatin as directed to create a total of 10 alternating clear and creamy layers.

Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Unmold. Garnish if desired.

Makes 12 servings



<

>
<Lil\'Luna>

No comments:

Post a Comment