Saturday, June 9, 2012

Surprisingly Pretty Apple Blossom Salad

After sleeping all night with my legs in the air they finally have returned to normal size, however the loose stretched skin around my thighs still has a somewhat jello like consistency that likes to flap around as I walk. Mr Man has told me I am supposed to take it easy to today and keep my feet up. I told him I will try my best but the steroids really make me antsy and I'm not able to hold still for long. They seriously must put voices in your head, because I don't know why I think the bathroom needs cleaned with a tooth brush at 4am, but it did. That's not something that would have happened off of steroids. They make me into a perfectionist cleaning machine and it the work isn't done it makes me crazy! Weird the way they mess with your head.



My family is starting to get spoiled. This is the 2nd jello mold I have made in as many days. Mr Man went to the fridge and said "I want Jello, when do we get to take it out of this thing." :) At least he knows that I'm going to photograph it before he gets to eat it so he's not just sticking a spoon in and going to town. Imagine the roid rage that would cause, he does value his life. :)

As surprising disappointed in the way yesterdays Juice and Fruit Salad looked I was equally delighted in the way this one turned out. I was also very surprised. It was ugly sitting in the jello mold, but flipped over and on the plate turned it into a beautiful salad. I loved photographing it. The little bubbles on the jello and the apples magical suspended made it a lot of fun trying to capture.



Kurt and Chloe said it looked like one of those fancy candles that you buy with the fruit in it, only this was way better because they got to eat it. I think the two of them ate about half the salad all by themselves. I'm trying to stay away from this one. Last night I made Mr Man's favorite side dish, southern fried sweet corn, and I should not have had any, but I did and I was up all night with the worst tummy pain and Crohn's flares. So I don't think the apples in this one would be doing me any favors.



Apple Blossom Mold

1½ cups boiling water
1 package (8serving size) or 2 packages (4-serving size each) jello lemon flavor gelatin
2 cups cold apple juice
1 cup diced red and green apples

Stir boiling water into gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold juice. Refrigerate about 1½ hours until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression). Stir in apples. Pour into 6-cup mold which has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold. Garnish as desired.

Makes 10 servings




 .

No comments:

Post a Comment