Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Colors of Christmas


I usually put our a cheese and meat tray for Thanksgiving. After this years Histo hospital stay and two months of not working money was a little tight this year so I decided to do a cheese ball instead. Only when I asked for everyone's favorite cheese ball recipe on AR I got this cheese ring recipe recommendation. The recipe looked fantastic, it had a little kick and a little sweet so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. My cousin and I loved it.

CHEESE RING

Ingredients


1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese

3/4 cup mayonnaise

5 medium green onions, finely chopped

1 pinch cayenne pepper

1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste

1 (10 ounce) seedless strawberry jam
1 (10 ounce) package thin wheat crackers

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, green onion, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt until well blended. Coat a ring shaped gelatin mold generously with cooking spray. Spoon the cheese mixture into the mold, cover, and chill for 2 to 3 hours to set.

2.Unmold onto a serving plate, and pour raspberry preserves into the center. Arrange wheat crackers around the outside of the ring.



The green onion and the strawberry jam just add such great holiday color to the table. I just love it with this $1 green bamboo place mat I got from the dollar store. I think it really pulls out the color of those onions!

Hope you all had a great Turkey Day! I got a few photos of the food before it was all gobbled up. :) Hopefully I'll have some more to share with you later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment